Morning should be embraced. It is a fresh start and a new day to be you and kill it. My morning routine used to consist of waking up, checking my phone, laying in bed for 30 more minutes, and rushing to get ready. Lately I have been making a conscious effort to incorporate spirituality into my morning routine, and it is something I really look forward to every day! It brings more meaning to the tone I set for my day and just feels like a special practice to incorporate.
This is my latest favorite morning routine, in no particular order, that allows me to integrate magick first thing in order to set the tone I need to stay true to my Higher Self:
- Light a candle and set my intention. As I light a white candle I consciously think of what intention I would like to set for the day. This can be peace, extra money, laughter – whatever it is that will make you happy for the day. I just leave the candle burning while I journal or get ready for work.
- Enchanting my morning drink. This will be different for everyone – coffee, tea, lemon water, etc. With a spoon, stir to welcome a manifestation or banish what you are letting go. Stir three times while speaking or intently thinking a manifestation. I like to associate this part with the phase of the moon – clockwise for a new moon to heighten your manifestation, counter-clockwise for a full moon to banish what you are letting go.
- Daily tarot pull. Each morning I pull one card, asking what I am being called to focus on for the day. I jot this down in my journal – this really only takes a few minutes and is one of the biggest things that will set your mind to what you know you need to focus on throughout the day.
- Three “gratefuls.” After journaling my daily card, I think of and write down three things I am grateful for. We truly underestimate the power of gratitude, and the effect it has on our lives. When we are viewing life from a place of lack, we attract more lack. When we view life from a place of value, we attract more value. Start your day with gratitude so you can attract more to be grateful for!
- What would make me happy today? Finally, I think of what would make me happy today. Getting out in nature. A hug. Positivity. Having a successful day at work. Make it something achievable so that when it happens, you recognize it and once again show gratitude.
Your magickal morning routine should reflect what is important to you. How do you set the tone for your day? For me, these little things stick in my mind throughout the day and therefore have become something I look forward to doing each morning.